Duties of Township Supervisors
- Be charged with the general governance of the township and the execution of legislative, executive and administrative powers in order to ensure sound fiscal management and to secure the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of the township.
- Have the responsibility for maintenance of township-owned equipment and facilities.
- Employ persons as may be necessary for the general conduct of the business of the township and provide for the compensation, organization, and supervision of the persons so employed. Records shall be kept and reports made and filed giving the names of all persons employed, dates on which work was done and the number of hours worked with compensation paid to each person and the capacity in which employed.
- Authorize attendance at conferences, institutes, schools, and conventions. Any Supervisor, elected or appointed officer or township employee may if directed by the Board of Supervisors attend any conference, institute, school or convention dealing with the duties and functions of elected or appointed officers or employees. The expenses for attending the meetings may be paid by the township and are limited to the registration fee, mileage for the use of a personal vehicle or reimbursement of actual transportation expense going to and returning from the meeting plus all other actual expenses that the Board of Supervisors agree to pay. Every attendee shall submit to the Board of Supervisors an itemized account of expenses incurred at the meeting. The Board of Supervisors may authorize employees to be compensated at their regular employee rate, and auditors to be compensated at the rate of ten dollars ($10) for each hour up to a maximum of five hours per day, during their attendance at the meeting.
- Annually, on or before the first day of February, furnish to the Board of Auditors information on the construction or maintenance of roads or other matters that may be required by any Department of the Commonwealth to be included in the annual Township report.
- Provide for the annual tax duplicate to be prepared and presented to the tax collector.
- Perform duties and exercise powers as may be imposed or conferred by law or the rules and regulations of any agency of the Commonwealth.
The Supervisors for 2018 are
Co-Chairperson-Ray Guzic, Jr.
Road Master-Raymond Guzic, Jr
Solicitor-Neugebauer, Swope & Swope
Engineer-The Eads Group
Emergency Management Director-William Claar, Sr